No issue in scripture receives more attention, warning, and instruction than money. For good reason. If not dealt with properly, the improper use of money can lead to unintended consequences never imagined. As Christ followers, we are to be wise in our use of money and to be generous givers. The blessings we receive from the Almighty should be passed along. I heard someone once say, “We should be a hose and not a bucket.”
The leadership of CRBC has adopted a position of faith regarding the finances we receive. We have currently decided to give away 7.5% of the monies contributed to CRBC to ministries, missionaries, and para-church organizations which deal directly with people with all types of needs. Our desire is to increase this percentage as the CRBC family grows.
Jesus said, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8). We cannot be incarnational witnesses everywhere; however we can support those who are. Therefore, we will support works in our backyard and to those far away. We can support laborers who have the call on their lives to go places we would never go. So by the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives we faithfully, obediently, and sacrificially are witnesses with our giving.
CRBC believes in openly disclosing who the Lord has blessed through our giving. The following is a list of those people and their ministries who have recently received from our Joshua Account:
- Douglas/Elbert Task Force, Castle Rock, CO – This organization provides benevolent help to the residents of Douglas and Elbert Counties in a multifaceted way- thrift store, food bank, and small financial aid for rent, utilities, etc. http://www.detaskforce.org
- Denver Rescue Mission, Denver, CO - Food, Clothing, Vocational Training to the homeless of Denver area. http://www.denverrescuemission.org
- Restoration Outreach Program, Aurora, CO – GED and other vocational and educational programs to low income and gang related individuals in the East Colfax neighborhoods. http://www.prodigalgatherings.org
- Trey and Becky Hancock – Local church pastors to the large, Arab Muslim population of Dearborn MI for over 25 years.
- Britt and Audrey Hancock – Missionaries to indigenous peoples of the Puebla de Zaragoza region of central Mexico. Since 1997, they have been working among the rural people of these mountainous regions primarily as a pioneer church planting ministry. http://www.mountaingateway.wordpress.com
- Alex Rossie- – After completing language school in Guatemala, he will be joining Britt and Audrey Hancock in Cuetzalan, Mexico. http://alexrossie.wordpress.com
- Tim Anguiano – Like Alex, Tim is also in language school and will also be working with Britt and Audrey Hancock in Cuetzalan. http://www.mountaingateway.wordpress.com
- Heidi Feenstra – One of our very own has moved to Kansas City to work with a ministry who specializes in Egyptian evangelism. Recently, Heidi visited Egypt on a short-term missions trip and her heart stayed there. Heidi will become a full-time, self-supporting missionary.
- Noah and Kate Cremisino – Noah and Kate followed God’s call to move to Christchurch New Zealand to get involved in organic church planting. http://noahandkate.com
- The Branch Family – YWAM missionaries who live in Spain and travel across the Strait of Gibraltar to Morocco to minister to indigenous peoples.
- Compassion International, Colorado Spring, CO- Water Project in West Bengal, India, a deep-water bore and rain water harvesting project serving 125 families within the influence of CI education centers. http://www.compassion.com/ Read more about the West Bengal Water Project.
- Mary Jane Ponten Mephibosheth Ministries Colorado Springs, CO – Jettisoned from Joni Eareckson-Tada, a ministry to the handicapped of Africa, China, and other parts of the world which does ministry training to pastors, homes for the handicap, and wheelchair donations to impoverished countries. http://www.mephiboshethministry.org/maryjaneponten.html
- Project C.U.R.E. – Project C.U.R.E. (Commission on Urgent Relief & Equipment) was founded in 1987 to help meet the need for medical supplies, equipment and services around the world. http://www.projectcure.org
- Operation Smile- A mobilized force of medical professionals and caring hearts who provide safe, effective reconstructive surgery for children born with facial deformities such as cleft lip and cleft palate. http://www.operationsmile.org
- Food for the Poor – Ministers to spiritually renew impoverished people throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. http://www.foodforthepoor.org